190th OCM Executive Council Meeting
The 190th OCM Executive Council Meeting was held on Saturday, 28 September 2019, at the Training Hall, Level 2C, OCM Indoor Sports Complex. The Meeting was chaired by Dato’ Sri Mohamad Norza Zakaria, President of OCM.
Present at the Meeting were 9 members of the Executive Board, 2 Chairpersons of OCM Committees, 25 delegates from the NSAs of Ordinary Members, 10 delegates from the NSAs of Associate Members, 1 delegate each from the National Sports Council, the National Sports Institute, the Ministry of Education and the Athletes’ Commission.
The important decisions made during the Meeting are as follows:
- Endorsement of the Malaysian Contingent to the first ANOC World Beach Games Qatar 2019.
- Endorsement of the selection of 795 athletes from 52 sports to participate in the 30th SEA Games Philippines 2019.
- Endorsement of the 2 quota places (by country) earned in Short Track Speed Skating for the III Winter Youth Olympic Games Lausanne 2020.
- Endorsement of the 6 quota places (3 by individual & 3 by country) earned in Sailing, Archery and Diving for the XXXIII Olympic Games Tokyo 2020.
- Endorsement of the newly elected Office Bearers of the OCM Athletes’ Commission for the term 2019/2021.
- Appointment of Ms. Michelle Chai as the new Chief Operating Officer (COO) of OCM.
- Formation of a Task Force Committee (to be chaired by the Secretary General of OCM) to review the existing blueprint of the Malaysian Games (Sukan Malaysia).