198th OCM Executive Council Meeting
The 198th OCM Executive Council meeting, met virtually today under the Chairmanship of Tan Sri Dato’ Sri Mohamad Norza Zakaria. The Executive Council deliberated and endorsed the decision of the 1st OCM Executive Board meeting as follows:
1) The Relocation of the OCM Headquarters
A Task Force for the “Relocation of the OCM Headquarters”, chaired by Datuk Haji Hamidin, OCM Deputy President, will be set up to …
- explore a new location for OCM Headquarters taking into consideration the needs of OCM in terms of the possibility to accommodate office space and sporting facilities for OCM, its members, athletes and other stakeholders;
- Initiate discussion with Government and other relevant stakeholders; and
- look into the next steps, such as:
- Conceptualisation of new design, Identify location, Needs Statement & RFP, Funding
2) Appointment of Chairperson of OCM Standing Committees & Representatives of OCM:
As per the OCM Constitution, the Executive Council have agreed to appoint the following as Chairperson of our Standing Committees.
- Selection Committee: Tan Sri Dato’ Sri Mohamad Norza Zakaria
- Marketing & Sponsorship: Datuk Haji Hamidin Haji Mohd Amin
- OCM Multi-Sports Games: YB Dato’ Shahrul Zaman Yahya
- Women and Sport: Dato’ Paduka Mumtaz Jaffar
- Building & Facilities: Dato’ Chong Kim Fatt
- General Purpose & Awards: Dato’ Paduka Nur Azmi Ahmad
- Sport Museum & Hall of Fame: Datuk Wira Megat Zulkarnain Tan Sri Omardin
- Management & Administration: Dato’ Mohd Nazifuddin
- Finance: Dato’ Ahmad Feisal Ahmad Tajuddin
- Education & Training: Ms. Moira Tan Siew See
- Strategic Planning: Datuk Mohd Nasir Ali
- Legal Advisory, Disciplinary & Alternate Dispute Resolution: Dato’ Sri Jahaberdeen Mohd Yunoos
- Medical & Anti-Doping: Dato’ Dr. SS Cheema
- National Olympic Academy: Mr. Nicholas Chan
In addition to appointing the Chairmen of the Committees, the Executive Council have also given the mandate to the Executive Board to appoint members into each of these Committees.
The Executive Council also agreed to the appointment of Y.B. Dato’ Shahrul Zaman Yahya as the OCM representative to the Board of the National Sports Institute, and Datuk Mohd Nasir Ali as a member to the OCM Trust Fund.
3) The appointment of the Chef de Mission to upcoming Multi-Sport Games:
- Moira Tan for the Winter Olympic Games in Beijing;
- Datuk Wira Megat Zulkarnain Tan Sri Omardin for the 6th Asian Indoor & Martial Arts Games in Bangkok;
- YB Dato’ Shahrul Zaman Yahya for the Commonwealth Games in Birmingham;
- Dato’ Ahmad Feisal Ahmad Tajuddin for the 5th Islamic Solidarity Games in Konya;
- Dato’ Chong Kim Fatt for the 19th Asian Games in Hangzhou;
- Dato’ Paduka Mumtaz Jaffar for the 3rd Asian Youth Games in Shantou; and
- Dato’ Paduka Nur Azmi Ahmad for the 31st SEA Games.
4) Olympic Solidarity Scholarships for Olympic Games Paris 2024:
- The OCM will be opening up application for the Olympic Solidarity Scholarships for our athletes and teams who are targeting participation at the Olympic Games Paris 2024. The recipients of these scholarships will be receiving a monthly stipend from the Olympic Solidarity to support them in their qualification journey.
5) SOPs for the Reopening of the Sport Industry
- The members of the OCM requested a more coordinated approach to consolidate the Standing Operating Procedures in terms of the reopening the sports industry.
Olympic Council of Malaysia
25 September 2021