22nd OCM Executive Board Meeting
The Executive Board of OCM held its 22nd Meeting for the term 2018-2021 on Tuesday, 13 October 2020, at the Training Hall, Level 2C, OCM Indoor Sports Complex. The Meeting was chaired by Tan Sri Mohamad Norza Zakaria.
The meeting was attended by Members of the OCM Executive Board as well as representatives from the Ministry of Youth and Sports, National Sports Institute, Ministry of Education and the Athletes’ Commission.
The OCM Executive Board members, under the Chairmanship of its President, Tan Sri Norza Zakaria, deliberated on the following matters:
1. Selection Criteria to the 31st SEA Games 2021
• Members reviewed proposed changes to the selection criteria for the 31st SEA Games 2021 taking into consideration the strategy of sending young athletes to the Games.
• The Executive Board decided to seek further feedback from the OCM Selection Committee who will be meeting post-CMCO.
2. OCM Constitution Review
• Members received an update on the status of review of the OCM Constitution. Having met five (5) times thus far, the Constitution Review Committee has agreed on main principal changes and currently reviewing the language of the proposed new Constitution.
3.COVID19 Financial Assistance
• The Executive Board have taken note of the recent CMCO decision announced by the Honorable Senior Minister, YB Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob. The OCM urges all National Sports Associations, athletes and officials to adhere by the directives and SOPs announced.
• In view of the current Covid19 pandemic and the resurgence of cases, the OCM is studying ways to further assist our members, athletes and Wisma OCM tenants. This include the possibility of financial assistance which will be discussed by the OCM Trust Management Committee and potential restructure of rental for our tenants.