Athletes’ Commission Office Bearers Election 2019-2021
The OCM conducted the election of office bearers of its Athletes’ Commission for the term 2019/2021 on Friday, 26 July 2019, at the Training Hall, Level 2C, OCM Indoor Sports Complex.
The membership of the OCM Athletes’s Commission is opened to all national athletes who had represented Malaysia at any Multi-Sports Games under the jurisdiction of OCM.
A total of 34 NSAs affiliated to OCM (27 Ordinary Members & 7 Associate Members) had nominated their athletes’ representatives to be members of the OCM Athletes’ Commission for the term 2019/2021.
The criterion for the candidate to be elected as an office bearer of OCM Athletes’s Commission for the term 2019/2021 is that he/she had participated in the most recent Multi-Sports Games under the jurisdiction of OCM namely:
- XXXI Olympic Games Rio 2016
- 18th Asian Games Jakarta-Palembang 2018
- XXI Commonwealth Games Gold Coast 2018
- 29th SEA Games Kuala Lumpur 2017.
The elected office bearers of OCM Athletes’ Commission for the term 2019/2021 are as follows:
Mdm. Shalin Zulkifli (Tenpin Bowling)
Mr. Loh Jack Chang (Wushu)
Mr. Johnathan Wong Guanjie (Shooting)
Committee Members (Asian Games):
- Mr. Alex Liew Kien Liang (Tenpin Bowling)
- Ms. Siti Rahmah Mohd Nasir (Silat)
- Ms. Asjanita Aini Abu Hassan (Sports Aviation)
Committee Members (Commonwealth Games):
- Ms. Amy Kwan Dict Weng (Gymnastics)
- Mr. Fairul Izwan Abd Muin (Lawn Bowls)
- Ms. Emma Firyana Siroji (Lawn Bowl)
Committee Members (SEA Games):
- Ms. Tan Cheong Min (Wushu)
- Ms. Mathiavani Murugeesan (Karate)
- Mr. Prem Kumar Selvam (Karate)
“We look forward to work closely with the newly elected office bearers of the OCM Athletes’ Commission in the future” said Dato’ Mohd Nazifuddin.
“The elected office bearers of the OCM Athletes’ Commission have shown a very healthy gender equality, where 58% are female athletes and 42% are male athletes” added Dato’ Mohd Nazifuddin.