Sailing Team first to depart to Tokyo
The sailing team comprising of four (4) athletes and four (4) officials became the first team from the Malaysian Contingent to depart to Tokyo for the XXXII Olympic Games. The team led by Khairulnizam Mohd Afendy who will be competing in his third Olympic Games, departed Kuala Lumpur this morning via Malaysia Airlines flight MH070.
The travelling party comprised of:
• Khairulnizam Mohd Afendy (competing in Men’s Laser)
• Nur Shazrin Mohamad Latif (Women’s Laser Radial)
• Nuraisyah Jamil (Women’s International 470)
• Juni Karimah Noor Jamali (Women’s International 470)
• Muhammad Sahir A Rahim (Coach)
• Mohd Hafizi Roslee (Coach)
• Mohd Afendy Abdullah (Coach)
The sailors will be in action at the Enoshima Yacht Harbour with Khairulnizam and Nur Shazrin taking the waters on 24 July 2021.